Trading Fatigue [Long]

Developments on deck for UHS
MelvinJ
Pro

Trading Fatigue [Long]

Post by MelvinJ » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:41 am

Usually in the NHL, a player generally will get traded, and fly to his new home straight away. Usually if they have a game that day they won't get to play it as they have to do all the legal stuff and get their new jerseys etc.

It would be cool to have an option that kind of disallows the player to play on the team for at least 24 hours with an option to turn off or on.

The other idea is if they do get to play as the game is the day after, make them on an automatic cold streak with a dice roll that will give them a chance to not get a cold streak as some players don't fit in well right off the bat, but some players tend to beat the odds and do well with their new team.
-Melvin James
-TJHL GM Vancouver Titans

Stone
UHS Admin

Re: Trading Fatigue

Post by Stone » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm

Not too sure if I like the auto-cold thing... we don't do Demographics anymore (arena size and attendance based on city population) so I wouldn't be able to know if a team is far from another... a city is just a city.

I like the idea, though, of triggering a streak change on a trade. Something like this:

50% no change to streak
25% streak improved (cold to none, none to hot)
25% streak degraded (hot to none, none to cold)

Will think about this some more though as I'm worried that it could potentially detract from making trades.

MelvinJ
Pro

Post by MelvinJ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:28 am

How would it detract from trades?

Also usually the player can't play for 24 hours either way because of the work they have to do with equipment and jerseys.

The demographics was a cool option, I hope you do bring that back sometime when you can.
-Melvin James

Stone
UHS Admin

Post by Stone » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:23 am

If I knew there was a chance the player was always going to go to a cold streak, I would re-think whether the trade really had value. I know it's not a permanent streak but he'd wouldn't be performing at his best when I got him. There's a 25% chance (at least at the time of this writing) he'll be cold. Adding uncertainty makes things interesting but as a GM, I'm not sure I like it. I prefer the 25% for a cold, 25% for a hot streak over the automatically cold any day and adds a certain bit of luck / random chance to the trade.

Right now the system focuses too much on running a league the TJHL-way... a game a day at the most; I'm trying to add / change the existing functionality so that leagues can sim through multiple game days on any given day... for instance there are some leagues that try and sim 3 games a day. This can play havoc with the auto-gm, contract offers, auto-setting rosters for juniors or farm (which are not auto-gm based).

When I think about missing a game day... you have guys like St.Louis who busted his ass to make it to the Rangers game. So maybe this wouldn't hit all the time. I could probably add in the missing of a game as a chance and then just add 1 game to the player's suspended games as that doesn't count against Injured games.

MelvinJ
Pro

Post by MelvinJ » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:07 am

Ok makes more sense.

and the random missing game sounds more like it :)
-Melvin James

Stone
UHS Admin

Post by Stone » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Will be working on this next.

Players being traded will have a 10% chance to miss the next game. This will be recorded as a 1 game suspension.

Additionally, players traded will be subject to a streak change roll.

25% chance the player's current streak improves: Cold -> None; None -> Hot
25% chance the player's current streak decays: Hot -> None; None -> Cold
50% chance the streak remains the same.

Stone
UHS Admin

Post by Stone » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:59 am

This is being deferred until a later build.

Stone
UHS Admin

Re: Trading Fatigue [Long]

Post by Stone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Scrapped. Resource / time requirements too high.