Coach Skill Classes [Long]

Developments on deck for UHS
ChargersGM
All-Star

Coach Skill Classes [Long]

Post by ChargersGM » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I think there should be skill classes for coaches.. also set by the COM so they don't have to be particularly descriptive, but enough so that teams don't waste money scouting garbage coaches.

We know what players are good enough to bring into the league because of junior scouting reports, junior stats and occasionally skill classes if they're good enough.. plus we get years of development before we decide if we can put them on our pro teams.. but when it comes to hiring a coach, we have to pay for the scouting reports and we have no stats to help us decide which coaches might be good (except for coaches who have coached before).

Often times it might cost you $15-20M in scouting to find a coach worth signing, plus his salary. If we had skill classes you could liken the scouting reports to interviews - you know they are at least decent coaches and you want to find out the best and if they're the kind of coach you want. Even if we just knew what coaches had total skill > 30, it would be much more reasonable to try to find a decent coach.
RIP #28 Luc Bourdon (1987-2008)

The Canadian Code: "They're not dents, they're goals."

Maxim Afinogenov once scored 17 goals in a 16-13 game (true story)

Stone
UHS Admin

Re: Coach Skill Classes

Post by Stone » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:16 pm

I was thinking about extending the current Skill Classes to Coaches.

Basically the COM already sets the skill level required to meet whatever they want to call their skill class... they set it for Players (max 99) and Goalies (max 81)... they'll have an option to set it for Coaches (max 54).

I doubt very highly I'll be adding this into the new UHS as things are looking pretty good with it... it's going to be a big enough change for folks. Once we're running smoothly with the new version I'll start adding developments again.

Stone
UHS Admin

Re: Coach Skill Classes [Long]

Post by Stone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Scrapped. Resource / time requirements too high.